Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
The vegetables and sauce can be prepared in advance and chilled in separate containers until ready to use. When ready to use simply combine them in a pot and heat them until serving temperature, or use your microwave. Very, very easy.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 2 1⁄2 lbs broccoli, stems trimmed,cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard and lemon peel.
- Mix in the 1/3 cup chives.
- Season and set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook cauliflower 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook about 3 minutes longer, until crisp tender.
- Return to the pot and toss with the mustard/butter sauce.
- Season, sprinkle with additional chives and serve.
Didn't taste quite right to us - too lemony, maybe? Easy dish, and nice clear directions, so I might think about tweaking to taste.
This is indeed tasty and easy. I only had cauliflower; and I had no lemon zest so I put in maybe 1/4 to 1/2 tsp lemon juice. Something didn't taste exactly right- I'll make again and maybe reduce the chives and add a pinch of salt.
Great! I didn't have cauliflower, so used all broccoli. I also tossed in a little lemon juice - maybe 1/2 tsp.- in addition to the lemon zest. The chives added a nice little punch. I did use the fresh chives - I don't think that dried chives would have the same flavour. Thanks for a great recipe Normaone.