Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple frittata recipe for when cauliflower is in season. easy to make and looks so colourful when cut.
- 4 eggs
- 250 g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 200 g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 200 g mushrooms, quartered
- 120 g cherry tomatoes
- 50 g black olives, whole pitted
- 100 g grated Fontina cheese, grated
- 100 ml cream
- 2 anchovies, in oil
- parsley, chopped
- marjoram or oregano, chopped fresh if possible
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Blanch the cauliflower and broccoli in boiling water for 4 minutes, drain.
- Fry the onions together with the anchovies, add the mushrooms and cook on high heat for 4 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and olives and continue cooking 2 more minutes.
- In a bowl mix the eggs, cream, herbs and cheese. season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion mixture to the egg mixture and incorporate.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease an 18cm round deep dish ( do not use springform tin or the mixture will leak).
- Cover the dish with some baking paper and bake for 45-50 minutes. remove the baking paper during the last 5 minutes.
- Cool to just warm before cutting and serving with a side salad.