Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I went looking for one, but none really appealed. Here's what I came up with to use my cauli and brocolli.
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup olive, sliced (I used anchovy stuffed)
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, strips (I used jarred)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I used Bests)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over high heat.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets, put the lid on and bring back to the boil as quickly as possible.
- Boil 1 minute, then refresh in ice water and drain well.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon slices in a small pan over medium heatfor a couple of minutes, then add the onion and garlic and cook until softened (a couple of minutes more).
- Mix the drained vegetables with the oil and lemon juice.
- Mix through the bacon mixture, the olives and the roasted capsicum.
- Mix the mayo and sour cream together, season to taste with salt and pepper and stir this gently through the salad.
Great for a change I also subd fresh pepper for roasted also didnt use the olives or the oil but added roasted pine nuts yum
EXCELLENT. Subd fresh red bell pepper for roasted.