Recipe by mersaydees
From Judith Ferguson’s book, Japanese Cooking. Cook time doesn’t include the 3 hours refrigeration time. Mirin is fermented soy bean paste; it comes in a light or white variety, or dark, reddish color; a yellow variety is the most common. Mirin is a Japanese cooking wine. Miso is a soybean paste.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut in flowerets
- 4 ounces broccoli, cut in flowerets
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add salt and the prepared vegetables. Cook for about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Leave to dry while you make the dressing.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- Toss vegetables with the dressing and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.