Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sounds complicated, right? I've figured out that its much easier to make gourmet sounding and tasting foods when you have a well stocked spice rack. This soup is mild and hearty. Found in "The Practical Guide to Using Herbs". This is awesome!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 28 ounces cannellini beans (two cans)
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 4 -6 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add garlic, onion and fennel seeds. Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and half of the beans. Pour in the stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until caulifower is tender.
- Pour soup into blender and blend until smooth. Return to the pan and stir in remaining beans. Season to taste.
- When serving, garnish with parsley. Goes great with crusty bread!
This was a lovely hearty flavorful soup, and my partner's wife agreed. I substituted cardamom and anise for the fennel since we didn't have any fennel easily to reach, and that worked pretty well. I also pan-sauteed the cauliflower before adding it in, which gave it some robustness. I am thinking a dollop of plain yogurt would go nicely with this! Many thanks...