Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious creamy soup, absolutely divine served with fresh, crusty bread. I got this recipe from a food magazine, not sure which one though!
- 30 g butter
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, extra
- 1 slice bacon, chopped, extra
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a large pot, add leek and bacon, cook stirring until soft. Add cauliflower, cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and crunbled stock cubes. Simmer covered about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Blend cauliflower until smooth using either a stick mixer or a food processor.
- Return to pan, stir in cream.
- Heat extra butter in a pan, add extra bacon, cook, stirring until crisp, drain on paper.
- Serve soup in bowls sprinkled with extra bacon and chopped parsley.
With nothing in the pantry and my girls wanting soup (yes, middle of summer I know) this made a quick and perfect dinner for us tonight. I didn't have cream so instead used some sour cream and an onion instead of the leek. Served with some yummy, buttered, multigrain bread and parmesan sprinkled on top. There is none left.
I also used sour cream and milk instead of cream and green onions and chives instead of leeks. Also added garlic, a little soy sauce, and oregano.
Was a great soup.
This was delicious and so easy to prepare. Just right for dinner on a cold night. Thanks for sharing the recipe.