Recipe by Dee-licious!
A delicious creamy soup, absolutely divine served with fresh, crusty bread. I got this recipe from a food magazine, not sure which one though!
Top Review by Jewelies
With nothing in the pantry and my girls wanting soup (yes, middle of summer I know) this made a quick and perfect dinner for us tonight. I didn't have cream so instead used some sour cream and an onion instead of the leek. Served with some yummy, buttered, multigrain bread and parmesan sprinkled on top. There is none left.
- 30 g butter
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, rind removed, chopped
- 500 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3 cups water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon butter, extra
- 1 slice bacon, chopped, extra
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large pot, add leek and bacon, cook stirring until soft. Add cauliflower, cook, stirring 2 minutes.
- Stir in water and crunbled stock cubes. Simmer covered about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Blend cauliflower until smooth using either a stick mixer or a food processor.
- Return to pan, stir in cream.
- Heat extra butter in a pan, add extra bacon, cook, stirring until crisp, drain on paper.
- Serve soup in bowls sprinkled with extra bacon and chopped parsley.