Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
Can be either an appetizer or vegetable side dish--the number of servings varies depending on which. Adjust the amount of garlic to your taste. Make aioli just before serving; discard any left-over sauce, it will not keep.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Steam the cauliflower al dente.
- Whisk the garlic into the egg yolks.
- Whisk in the oil very gradually.
- Put the aioli (garlic-egg yolk sauce) into a small bowl standing on a flat plate.
- Arrange florets around bowl.
Thank you for a new and very easy way to fix cauliflower. I didn't have any "farm fresh" eggs though, so used mayo instead of the olive oil and eggs and I also added some lemon juice to taste. We loved it! I will try it with the fresh eggs and olive oil, but still think I will add the lemon juice, it really seemed to go well with the cauliflower. I even had some of the sauce on my salmon and it was really good with that! I will try adding a dash of Tabasco too next time.