Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
There's no marinara sauce in this recipe - only very basic seasonings and some Parmesan cheese - but gosh, it's good! You can use frozen cauliflower as a time-saver if you like. From Country Living magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower, separated into large florets
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8- by 10-inch oval baking dish with butter. Bring a large pot of water and 3 teaspoons salt to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil until they are slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Drain well, cool slightly, and slice stems lengthwise to 1/4-inch thickness. Arrange the slices, overlapping them tightly, in the prepared baking dish. Season with salt and black pepper, and dot with butter. Sprinkle the top with the cheese. Bake uncovered until lightly browned on top, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.