Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
from website "Chocolate Covered Katie"
- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cauliflower or 160 g raw cauliflower
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depending on your taste preference for salt. I like 1/2 tsp)
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance natural buttery spread or 2 tablespoons olive oil (and a little extra salt if needed) or 2 tablespoons Smart Balance light butter spread
- 1 cup milk, of choice or 240 g milk
- 1⁄2 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Dijon mustard (sometimes i add dried oregano or rosemary) (optional) or lemon juice (sometimes i add dried oregano or rosemary) (optional)
- Put all ingredients into a medium pot and bring to a complete boil, then cover and simmer 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is fall-apart tender. Pulverize with either an immersion or regular blender. Serve over cooked linguine, or elbow pasta (for cauliflower mac and cheese), or spaghetti squash, rice, steamed veggies, or whatever! Makes about 2 cups, and it gets much thicker as it sits.