Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 lbs fresh cauliflower, cut in florets, about 8 1/2 c
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 500.
- Toss oil, cauliflower, and garlic on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 500 for 20 min or til lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Place cauliflower mixture in a large bowl. Add onions, and remaining ingredients to bowl. Mash all with a potato masher.
- When I make this, I mash it in a saucepan, then heat through on the stove.
This was pretty good. I am not sure if it was my oven or what but the cauliflower didn't really mash nicely like a potato. It had lots of lumps. Really nice flavor, though. Will try again and maybe cook longer? Thanks!