Recipe by the_amateur
This recipe is from a vancouver food website that features recipes from local restaurants. It is great a way to cut back on carbs/calories while still enjoying saucy recipes.
Top Review by Marie
This was excellent tasting, but I had to add more butter and a little olive oil because the cauliflower seemed to absorb the butter immediately. I will probably make this again, but will microwave the cauliflower a little to start the cooking. I also used garlic salt instead of the salt to enhance the garlic flavor. All in all a great idea for weight watching. Thanks so much.
- 3 cups raw cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the cauliflower (including the core) using the medium sized holes of a grater or grater attachment of the food processor.
- With your hands squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a large, heavy frying pan and add the garlic. Saute until the garlic sizzles.
- Add the grated cauliflower, sprinkle with salt and stir and fry until its tender-crisp, about 5-8 minutes, the length of time will depend on the cauliflower.
- Stir in the green onion and pepper.
- Check the seasoning and serve.