Recipe by Zeph's Wife
Low carb alternative to rice. If you didn't know, you'd swear it tastes just like rice. I found this on a blog on Recipes 4EveryKitchen posted by Ruth Daniels.
- 1 large cauliflower, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the cauliflower, including the core You can use the grater attachment of a food processor or the medium holes on a box grater. Squeeze out as much water as you can with your hands.
- Melt butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté just until the garlic sizzles(1-2 minutes). Add the cauliflower, sprinkle with the salt & pepper and stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 5 to 8 minutes. The length of time will depend in the cauliflower.
- Stir in the green onions and add salt and pepper to taste. With your eyes closed, you'd swear you were eating rice.
- For a Pan-Asian taste, use oil only instead of the butter/oil combination. Scramble 2 eggs in the oil after sautéing the garlic. Add chopped, cooked meat or shrimp, give a few stirs, then add the cauliflower. Serve with soy sauce.
- Other options: add some curry powder, some grated lemon rind to go with fish, or some chilli powder.