Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I got this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks called More Kitchen Keepsakes. This is suppose to be a side dish to steak but we make it a main meal and serve a tossed salad with it. preparation time not included.
- 5 large potatoes, scrubbed and baked
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions or 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced and sauteed in butter
- extra grated cheddar cheese
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour in at 350°F or until tender in center.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out potato being careful not to tear skins.
- Mash potatoes with electric mixer, adding half and half and beating until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The mixture will be some what softer than regular mashed potatoes.
- Fill potato shells with the mashed potato mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Top each potato half with extra grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes at 350°F.
OMG! this is by far the best twice baked potatoes I have ever had or made. All of my dinner guest raved about them.
tried this and liked it i screwed up the baking and it didnt turn out but i know its my fault. the taste is great from what turned out. thanks for the great reciepe.
This is a wonderful baked potato,the filling is delicious.I also used the microwave to cook the potatoes first.My grandson who is a potato freak will love them.Thanks.How about more recipes from that cookbook you mentioned,MORE KITCHEN KEEPSAKLES!