Recipe by bullwinkle
I got this recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks called More Kitchen Keepsakes. This is suppose to be a side dish to steak but we make it a main meal and serve a tossed salad with it. preparation time not included.
- 5 large potatoes, scrubbed and baked
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons green onions or 3 tablespoons chives, minced
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced and sauteed in butter
- extra grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes for 1 hour in at 350°F or until tender in center.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out potato being careful not to tear skins.
- Mash potatoes with electric mixer, adding half and half and beating until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The mixture will be some what softer than regular mashed potatoes.
- Fill potato shells with the mashed potato mixture and place on cookie sheet.
- Top each potato half with extra grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 20 minutes at 350°F.