Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
good for a quick and easy meal...recipe is from a friend.
- 2 round steaks
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 medium idaho potatoes, wash but do not peel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- Slice steaks and onion into thin strips.
- Brown steak, onion, and spices in oil.
- While browning, microwave potatoes according to preset time.
- Slice potatoes into rounds.
- Add to meat and stir gently for about 5 minutes; cooking on low to medium heat.
This is a very good "quick" week-night meal. I used some of our stew meat (we raise our own beef), and it went very quickly! Next time I'll add another onion, and do as Bergy suggested with the carmelizing. I added oregano, and wanted to get the fond out of the pan, so I added about 1/4 C. butter with 1 T. butter. That added a BEAUTIFUL brown glaze to the works. I sliced the potatoes before cooking in the microwave (I mis-read the directions), but that didn't hurt it any. This is a recipe I'll use when we have "leftover" steak or roast. It's so slick! *Made for PAC Spring 2007*
Quick, easy tasty dinner- Great if you have a couple of left over potatoes from the night before (I did). Next time that I do it I'll brown the meat on a very hot skillet, remove, turn the heat down cook the onions until almost carmelized - put the meat back in the pan add the garlic, pepper & sliced potatoes cook uncovered to get potatoes a bit brown too. kdp - this is a keeper Thanks for posting