Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Planked Salmon is a method of cooking/smoking salmon that has been used for hundreds of years by the First Nations Peoples. Prepared with natural red cedar, planked Salmon is a slow cooking method that produces a wonderful aroma, delicate texture and rich smoky flavor. Add Cattle Boyz’s products and you’ll have a unique dish that will be sure to impress your guests.
- Soak cedar plank in water overnight. Weigh plank down with two cans of food to keep submerged.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Top Salmon with a few slices of butter and a light sprinkling of shallots or red onion.
- Sprinkle Cattle Boyz’ Pepper Blend spice and salt to taste.
- Place Salmon fillets on the smooth surface part of the plank and cook at a medium to high heat.
- At about the last two minutes of cooking glaze half of your Salmon with Cattle Boyz Honey Hot BBQ sauce and the other half with Cattle Boyz Original BBQ sauce.
- Turn down to medium to low heat.
- Salmon is ready if it flakes easily with a fork.