Recipe by CattieCann
I was looking for a good pie crust recipe so a cousin of mine gave me her mother's recipe. I tweaked it a liitle and it hasn't failed me yet.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, cut into pea-size pieces
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 fluid ounces cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and salt until well blended.
- Cut the butter into pea size pieces and add to the flour. (This sometimes gets messy so have a towel handy.).
- Place the slightly beaten egg and vinegar in a measuring cup and add enough cold water to equal 1/2 cup of total liquid. Pour this into the flour mixture and mix until the dough can form a large ball.
- Divide dough into four equal portions. You can wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator or freezer. This dough can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.