Recipe by CattieCann
Very easy and very delicious apple crumble. This is my favorite apple anything recipe. My roommate asks me to make it several times during the fall with fresh picked apples. I do recommend using a homemade pie crust but the store bought shells will work just as well.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 5 -5 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Have the apples ready; mix the apples and the cinnamon-sugar mixture together. Let sit for a few minutes. Spread the apples in the pie crust.
- Cut butter into pea size chunks.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar with the 3/4 cup flour.
- Add the butter chunks to the sugar-flour mixture. Toss to coat butter to make crumble. Spoon the coated butter over apples. (You will have excess flour.).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is lightly brown.