Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very easy and very delicious apple crumble. This is my favorite apple anything recipe. My roommate asks me to make it several times during the fall with fresh picked apples. I do recommend using a homemade pie crust but the store bought shells will work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Have the apples ready; mix the apples and the cinnamon-sugar mixture together. Let sit for a few minutes. Spread the apples in the pie crust.
- Cut butter into pea size chunks.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar with the 3/4 cup flour.
- Add the butter chunks to the sugar-flour mixture. Toss to coat butter to make crumble. Spoon the coated butter over apples. (You will have excess flour.).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is lightly brown.
I made as written except I used a pre made graham cracker crust. This is easy and tastes great. A hit with my family. Thanks for the recipe.