Very easy and very delicious apple crumble. This is my favorite apple anything recipe. My roommate asks me to make it several times during the fall with fresh picked apples. I do recommend using a homemade pie crust but the store bought shells will work just as well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl. Have the apples ready; mix the apples and the cinnamon-sugar mixture together. Let sit for a few minutes. Spread the apples in the pie crust.
- Cut butter into pea size chunks.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar with the 3/4 cup flour.
- Add the butter chunks to the sugar-flour mixture. Toss to coat butter to make crumble. Spoon the coated butter over apples. (You will have excess flour.).
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is lightly brown.
I made as written except I used a pre made graham cracker crust. This is easy and tastes great. A hit with my family. Thanks for the recipe.