Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Similiar to the Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies.
Make and share this Cat's Tongues (Milano Cookies) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks no substitutes)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces special dark chocolate (if you prefer milk chocolate, use that) or 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, melted (if you prefer milk chocolate, use that)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add vanilla, salt, egg, egg yolk and flour to make a soft dough.
- Spoon into a piping bag or a cookie press with a large star tip. On a greased cookie sheet, pipe 3-inch long cookies, leaving room to spread. Bake in a preheated oven, for 12 minutes. Allow to cool. Sandwich with melted chocolate.