- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks no substitutes)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 3⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 12 ounces special dark chocolate (if you prefer milk chocolate, use that) or 12 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips, melted (if you prefer milk chocolate, use that)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add vanilla, salt, egg, egg yolk and flour to make a soft dough.
- Spoon into a piping bag or a cookie press with a large star tip. On a greased cookie sheet, pipe 3-inch long cookies, leaving room to spread. Bake in a preheated oven, for 12 minutes. Allow to cool. Sandwich with melted chocolate.