Recipe by Kim D.
I found this recipe in the Houston Chronicle. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to! This cocktail was created at Vela in New York, in honor of the new movie release of "Catwoman". It's similar to a White Russian (Kahlua, vodka and cream) except that the proportions and the consistency are a little different. The Cat's Meow comes with its own set of drawn-on chocolate-syrup whiskers and a cherry for the nose.
Top Review by Brenda.
This frozen treat was purrrrrfect. I have a sudden desire to play in a sandbox???? Ok, I'm just kittying =^..^= around with you. I loved this, whipped one up for myself this afternoon to relax and watch the football game. Thanks for sharing and making me smile. Nick's Mom
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Kahlua
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Stolichnaya vodka
- 3 fluid ounces whipping cream
- chocolate syrup or caramel sundae syrup, for garnish
- 1⁄2 maraschino cherry, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Kahlua, vodka, cream and ice into a blender.
- Blend until thick.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Place a half of cherry in the center for the nose.
- For whiskers, use chocolate or caramel syrup.
- NOTE You can use skim milk instead of whipping cream for a"Skinny Cat's Meow".