Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in the Houston Chronicle. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to! This cocktail was created at Vela in New York, in honor of the new movie release of "Catwoman". It's similar to a White Russian (Kahlua, vodka and cream) except that the proportions and the consistency are a little different. The Cat's Meow comes with its own set of drawn-on chocolate-syrup whiskers and a cherry for the nose.
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Kahlua
- 1 1⁄2 fluid ounces Stolichnaya vodka
- 3 fluid ounces whipping cream
- chocolate syrup or caramel sundae syrup, for garnish
- 1⁄2 maraschino cherry, for garnish
- Pour Kahlua, vodka, cream and ice into a blender.
- Blend until thick.
- Pour into a martini glass.
- Place a half of cherry in the center for the nose.
- For whiskers, use chocolate or caramel syrup.
- NOTE You can use skim milk instead of whipping cream for a"Skinny Cat's Meow".
This frozen treat was purrrrrfect. I have a sudden desire to play in a sandbox???? Ok, I'm just kittying =^..^= around with you. I loved this, whipped one up for myself this afternoon to relax and watch the football game. Thanks for sharing and making me smile. Nick's Mom
This was so cute and tasted great. I used a margarita glass to serve this in, as I did not have a martini glass and had enough for about 1 1/2 servings. Note:I tried the 'Skinny' version and next time would prefer to use the real cream - the milk doesn't get thick enough really to support to adorable decorations of the chocolate "whiskers" and cherry nose.