Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another ridiculously easy recipe.
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or 1⁄2 cup cajun seasoned dry bread crumb
- Put the catfish fillets in a ziplock bag and pour in your favorite Italian dressing. Let the fish fillets marinate for a couple of hours, refrigerated.
- Turn the oven on to 425F and line a pan with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Remove the catfish from the dressing and dredge in seasoned breadcrumbs and place the fillets on the foil.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes for small fillets, 20-25 for large fillets.
- Great served with tartar sauce, lemon wedges.
EASY - my grocery store has catfish already in a cajun marinade, so this was literally shake and bake! The Nutrition Facts are likely way off (in a good way) because the full cup of dressing doesn't stay on the fish. Next time I'll try panko or cornbread crumbs.
This is a very moist and flavorful recipe for catfish! I used garlic and asiago dressing to marinate the fish for about 2 hours and used Italian seasoned bread crumbs. It was very tender and tasty, flaky and moist. I made it for Spring PAC 2010, thanks!
Extremely easy and very flavorful moist fish! Yum! I used panko bread crumbs and crushed butter crackers and added Italian seasoning to the crumb mixture. LOL! I didn't have any foil, so therefore I found out why foil is a much needed ingredient! Thanks for posting!