Recipe by catherineleesemail
Easy version of Southern Style Fried Chicken I normally do it by memory and sense of smell or taste from cooking this. The ingredient measurements are loosely put together. Every time I cook this for a party or friends, they tell me that I need to open a catering business and sell. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 lbs chicken (or large Foster Farms pack of wings)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 8 -10 Ritz crackers (can substituted with 1/2 cup Corn Flakes)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw chicken. Set aside.
- Put Ritz Crackers or Corn Flakes into medium size bowl until crumbled completely (does not need to be powder like, just enough so that there are no big cracker pieces).
- Add Flour, Garlic Powder, and Salt to mixing bowl. Stir together. It should have a faint garlic smell, but not overpowering. If it is too strong, add a bit more flour and sprinkles of salt. Then set aside.
- Mix Milk and Egg in mixing bowl. Add all chicken into bowl. Try to evenly coat each piece or have all submerged into mix.
- Remove chicken pieces, one at a time, and coat with Flour mix. (Easiest way is to add 2-3pcs of chicken into bowl with Flour mix and shake side to side until coated).
- Remove chicken from Flour mix and lay on a plate prior to frying.
- When all the chicken is coated. Repeat one more time for each (coast with Milk mix and then Flour mix).
- Deep fry at 350 Degrees F.
- For 9-12 minutes each.
- When done frying, it's easiest to lay it out on a napkin or brown paper bag, to soak up any excess oil.