1/2 Photos of Cat's Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Cat from Charlotte's Note:
A low-calorie version of the kinds of lettuce wraps you might get at PF Changs. I modified several lettuce wrap recipes to use lower calorie ingredients and ended up with something we really enjoyed. We hope you enjoy it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Stir Fry Sauce
Sauce for Pouring Over Wraps
- 1PREPARE STIR FRY SAUCE (May be done several days ahead): Mix together brown sugar, 2T soy sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- 2PREPARE WRAP SAUCE (May be done several days ahead) Mix together Splenda, water, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice and soy sauce. Put aside in a bowl to chill and let flavors blend
- 3Dice chicken breasts and sautee' in Pam in a non-stick skillet.
- 4Remove chicken from skillet. Using a knife or a food processor, chop or process both the chicken and shrimp VERY finely. (I really like the rough, crumbly texture you get when you use the food processor on pulse.)
- 5Return shrimp and chicken to pan. Add stir fry sauce. Let simmer for a few minutes for flavors to blend. Add scallions.
- 6Slice off root of lettuce head. Pull your lettuce cups off the outside of the head of lettuce. (Chop up remaining lettuce to use in salads.)
- 7Serve the meat in a bowl, with the lettuce cups on the side. To eat, spoon the mixture using a slotted spoon into the cup of lettuce and pour some of the special sauce over the mixture. Fold up the lettuce up like a tortilla and eat over a bowl.
- 8Serve with some rice to absorb the tasty sauces!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cat's Chicken and Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.1
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 1204.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
rice wine vinegar