Recipe by Canwi
This recipe was originally at www.divinerecipes.com, but I tweaked it. In the original it was suggested that you could use Tuna oil or Chicken stock/bouillon instead of the beef. It also said to form into biscuits by flatteng 1/2" balls of dough. Being lazy, I used my breadmaker to mix the ingredients and then did the rolling out method described below.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons catnip
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients very well. (It can be very crumbly.).
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit your baking tray/cookie sheet.
- Roll out flat to ~3mm thick (~1/8" thick) on the parchment paper.
- Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut the dough into cat-sized portions. I usually aim for pieces ~1cm (~0.5")square.
- Slide the parchment paper onto your baking tray/cookie sheet.
- Bake at 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) for 30 minutes, or until the biscuits are slightly browned.
- Cool before serving to your favourite feline!