Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a spicy pot pie recipe that my family LOVES. We have it at least once a month, my husband would eat it every day if we had it.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 -5 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 16 -20 ounces chicken broth
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (2 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen white corn
- Mix chicken and taco seasoning in a bowl with 2-3 tablespoons of water allow to marinade until ready to add chicken.
- Melt butter over medium heat, add onion and carrots. Cook about two to three minutes until onions are translucent and carrots are slightly tender.
- Add flour salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well blended. Flour should turn into a yellowish paste (roux) allow to cook for a minute or two.
- Add chicken broth in slowly cook until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in chicken, black beans, corn and green chilies. Simmer 5-10 minutes until hot.
- Serving size about 1 1/2 cups.
- Mixture can go in a bread bowl, crescent roll bowl or you can serve in a bowl with corn chips or Frito's on the side.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa.
This is super! It came together very fast and is a neat twist on the traditional chicken pot pie. We added the chicken mix into toasted bread bowls, sprinkled on a little cheese and baked to melt it all to perfection. Perfect!