Recipe by lisacheshire
This is a 9-year old's attempt to modify her favorite cookie and make it healthier. Since we live at high altitude (5000 ft.) we add an extra 1/4 c. of flour.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips, semi-sweet
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, applecauce, and sugars well until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- Add 1 cup of the flour, the baking soda and the salt, mix well.
- Add remaining flour, mix well.
- Add chocolate chips, combine.
- Drop on cookie sheets by spoonfuls. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.