Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Save this recipe for those wonderful days when you have homegrown tomatoes. This is so simple, but really excellent. I found this recipe in the Jan/Feb '92 issue of Country Woman magagzine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) canmedium pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 large fresh basil leaves, snipped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, layer beans, tomatoes, onion and olives.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.