3 hrs 10 mins
Save this recipe for those wonderful days when you have homegrown tomatoes. This is so simple, but really excellent. I found this recipe in the Jan/Feb '92 issue of Country Woman magagzine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced thick
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can medium pitted ripe olives, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 large fresh basil leaves, snipped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In a large salad bowl, layer beans, tomatoes, onion and olives.
- 2Combine remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables.
- 3Cover and chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 4Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cathy's Tomato and Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.9
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 466.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 5.1 g