Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My husband's cousin has brought this the past several years to our Christmas dinner and its always a big hit with everyone.Make the dip a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend.The dip may be halved and I've used a combination of low-fat and fat-free mayo and less fat cream cheese with success.
- 2 lbs shrimp, cooked, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 6 -8 scallions, finely chopped, include green parts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce or hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Mix shrimp, onions,cream cheese, Worcestershire, and lemon juice.
- Add mayonnaise to desired consistancy. ( I use a little less than the full quart).
- Add hot sauce to taste, but enough to give the dip a light pink color.
- Refrigerate, covered,at least 8 hours to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite chips, crackers and/or veggies.