Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Stuffing made in a muffin pan. Good for those who like the crunchy outside!
- 3 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 slices rye bread
- 2 slices white bread or 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 stalk celery
- 5 -7 fresh white mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- fresh ground pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- 1 egg
- tear up bread and toast lightly.
- heat pan and melt butter.
- dice celery & mushrooms.
- saute celery & for 2 minutes.
- add wine and spices and remove from heat.
- add crushed ice to cool the mixture
- scramble the egg and stir into the cooled mixture.
- toss in the toasted bread bits and mix gently with your hands.
- grease muffin tin or use teflon muffin tin.
- fill tin
- bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- makes 1 dozen muffins.