Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm always asked for the recipe when I serve this. I named it for my friend who HATED to cook but managed to come up with this great salad when it was her turn to fix dinner for our card club.
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt (any or all) or pepper (any or all) or garlic powder (any or all)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, broken up (discard flavor pack)
- 2 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch broccoli, florets only
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, torn
- 4 -6 green onions, chopped
- Mix dressing ingredients together, preferrably the day before so flavors will blend.
- Brown walnuts and Ramen noodles in butter. Cool on paper towels. Mix together all other ingredients, add nuts and noodles. Shake dressing well, pour on salad, toss till well mixed.