I love adobo! This is the recipe that makes me happy.
Make and share this Cathy's Pork Adobo recipe from Food.com.
- Put pork, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, pepper, water, and bay leaf in a pan.
- Boil in medium heat until half the water has evaporated or until meat is tender (You can add more water if longer boiling time is required).
- Take out the pork from the sauce.
- Sprinkle sugar over pork then fry until brown in hot oil.
- Put back in the sauce then simmer for 10 minutes.
I skipped Step 4 because my mom never did it that way, otherwise the rest of the ingredients are very close to what I use. I don't understand how some recipes omit water; I think it would turn out way too salty w/out water. Anyway, I added cubed one russet potato to my adobo during the last 25 minutes of simmering. Thanks for posting.