Recipe by Gerry
We enjoy little dishes of dipping sauce when we serve Chinese food. This is excellent when serving dry ribs or crispy fried chicken balls and such. This recipe was passed along from a family member and is requested any time we have the ribs and chicken. I always double this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced very fine
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey (regular honey works well if put in the micro wave to 'melt')
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (occasionally only use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon water (to dislove the cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan.
- Add the finely minced garlic and lightly brown.
- Be very careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add 3 tablespoons honey.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon corn starch in 1 tablespoon water to thicken sauce.
- (You may add a bit more water) Thicken and stir til nice and shiny.
- I often make ahead, refrigerate and warm in micro wave just before using.
- Keeps well at least a week.