These have a pound-cake texture – the best!! This recipe is based on one from Bon Appetit. To make spiced madeleines, add ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, and a pinch of cloves, to the flour. Subsitute honey for half of the sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Madeleine molds by brushing with Pan Release Professional Pan Coating (food.com Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)).
- 2Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl, just until blended.
- 3Beat in vanilla, lemon peel, and salt.
- 4Add flour, beat until just blended.
- 5Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each indentation in pan.
- 6Bake until puffed and brown, about 16 to 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then gently remove from pan.
- 7Repeat process, brushing pan with Pan Release before each batch. Makes about 30.
- 8Dust cookies with powdered sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cathy's Madeleines
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 41.0 mg
- Sodium 74.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g