Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
These have a pound-cake texture – the best!! This recipe is based on one from Bon Appetit. To make spiced madeleines, add ½ teaspoon ginger, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper, and a pinch of cloves, to the flour. Subsitute honey for half of the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare Madeleine molds by brushing with Pan Release Professional Pan Coating (food.com recipe # 78579).
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl, just until blended.
- Beat in vanilla, lemon peel, and salt.
- Add flour, beat until just blended.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon batter into each indentation in pan.
- Bake until puffed and brown, about 16 to 18 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, then gently remove from pan.
- Repeat process, brushing pan with Pan Release before each batch. Makes about 30.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar before serving.