My mom's renowned macaroni salad, which is perfect as a light meal or served as a side dish. We affectionately dubbed this to be "Catholic" macaroni salad because it's perfect for those Fridays during Lent! This recipe makes a generous batch which works great for big potlucks, but scale down if you don't want as many leftovers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook elbows about 6-8 mins until tender, but not soft.
- 2Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- 3Stir in about 1 cup of Miracle Whip and pickle juice until elbows are coated.
- 4Meanwhile, microwave frozen peas for 1 minute in a few teaspoons of water, then drain.
- 5Toss in chopped eggs & tuna, then add carrots, celery, onion, and peas.
- 6Add about another cup of Miracle Whip, salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Stir well to make sure everything is lightly coated, but do not over stir.
- 8Top with sliced eggs if desired and a sprinkle of paprika.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catholic Mac Salad
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.0
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.6 mg
- Sodium 42.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet pickle juice