Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom's renowned macaroni salad, which is perfect as a light meal or served as a side dish. We affectionately dubbed this to be "Catholic" macaroni salad because it's perfect for those Fridays during Lent! This recipe makes a generous batch which works great for big potlucks, but scale down if you don't want as many leftovers.
- Cook elbows about 6-8 mins until tender, but not soft.
- Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Stir in about 1 cup of Miracle Whip and pickle juice until elbows are coated.
- Meanwhile, microwave frozen peas for 1 minute in a few teaspoons of water, then drain.
- Toss in chopped eggs & tuna, then add carrots, celery, onion, and peas.
- Add about another cup of Miracle Whip, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well to make sure everything is lightly coated, but do not over stir.
- Top with sliced eggs if desired and a sprinkle of paprika.