Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
You haven't lived until you have experienced the mouth watering taste of my yorkshire puddings. Warning! They must be flooded with gravy.
- 4 ounces plain flour
- 1 pinch salt, generous pinch
- 1 pinch garlic salt, generous pinch
- black pepper, one twist of the grinder
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 pint milk
- 1⁄4 pint water
- Sieve the flour into mixing bowl.
- Add the salts and pepper.
- Make hole in middle of flour and add egg. Start mixing gently whilst gradually adding the milk and water.
- Use small foil cases and put a small amount of cooking oil in each and place on a high shelf in a preheated oven, gas mark 7.
- ( the fat needs to be hot before you add the mixture ) Pour equal amounts of the mixture into each case and place in the oven Cook for 20-25 mins Serve with all roast meats ( don't forget the lashings of gravy ) Please enjoy from Cathy the Northern Cook.
Excellent is right! I wanted to make up some of these to go with my prime rib dinner for our anniversary. DH thought they were great. Of course he ran them through is gravy on the plate, and he was so happy with each bite he was smiling throughout the dinner. Not a better compliment than that for me!