Recipe by Iron Bloomers
Received this recipe from my mom a long time ago. She knows my passion for chocolate. It's chocolate, nuts and coconut at its best.
Top Review by Boxerwing
This recipe gets high marks for lots of reasons. It was super-easy to make. It stores well. It is very delicious. It brings back terrific childhood memories. The only changes I made were to use only 1/2 cup butter, and I used more coconut, and I tinted the coconut as well. These are oh-so-good!
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt margarine and chocolate chips, combining well; cool slightly. Add nuts and marshmallows; mix well.
- On a piece of waxed paper, place some of the coconut.
- Shape 1/3 of chocolate mixture into log about 2-inches in diameter; roll in coconut to coat.
- Wrap in waxed paper.
- Repeat with remaining 2/3s for a total of 3 logs.
- Chill overnight or place in ziploc bag and freeze.
- When ready to use, slice about 1/2-inch thick.