Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My sister's MIL fixed this for us the last time she was here - I begged for the recipe!
Make and share this Catfish With Pecan Butter Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- all-purpose flour, seasoned with
- salt and pepper, for dredging the fish
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil, for sauteing the fish
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted lightly and chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 lemon wedges (to garnish)
- Tabasco sauce
- Dredge each catfish fillet in the flour, shaking off the excess, dip it in the egg mixture, letting the excess drip off, and dredge it in the flour again, shaking off the excess.
- Transfer the fish as it is coated to a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat and in it sauté the fish in batches, adding the remaining oil as necessary, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the fish to paper towels to drain and keep it warm, covered.
- In a skillet cook the onion and the garlic in the butter over moderately low heat, stirring, until they are softened, add the pecans, and cook the mixture, swirling the skillet, until the butter is browned and the pecans are toasted well.
- Stir in the lemon juice, the Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the butter sauce over fish, and garnish each serving with a lemon wedge.