Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This recipe is from the September/October 2009 Weight Watchers magazine. Broiled, flaky catfish served on a bed of thinly sliced seedless cucumbers and drizzled with a dressing made up of lemon zest/juice, capers, oregano and olive oil. Points Value: 4.
Top Review by Chickee
Amazingly good! Made for Aussie November swap 2012. The delicate flavours were a good match for a delicate fish, I used Vietnamese catfish. Could maybe be used to cook in a foil packet with the sauce?? Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the photo but it looked nice. Cheers!
- 4 (1/4 lb) skinless catfish fillet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 grated small lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the rack of a broiler pan with nonstick spray; preheat broiler.
- Put the catfish on the prepared rack. Lightly spray the fish with nonstick spray and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Broil the fish 5 inches from the heat just until opaque in the center, about 8 minutes. (Tip: To check if the fish is cooked properly, slit the thickest part of fish fillets with a thin-bladed knife. Peek inside; the flesh should be opaque and should flake easily.).
- Meanwhile, whisk the lemon zest and juice, orange juice, capers, oil, oregano, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide the cucumbers among 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 fillet; drizzle evenly with the dressing.