Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What's that you say? Catfish don't have wings? Well, I've never seen a buffalo fly either. Try it anyway! Note -- catfish nuggets are the odds and ends and broken pieces left over from the filleting process. They are regionally available in the southern US. If you can't get them just substitute ordinary catfish fillets cut into 2 inch chunks or any other firm, white fish similarly cut.
- 2 lbs catfish nuggets
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix marinade ingredients in a plastic, zipper bag.
- Add catfish and marinade at least one hour. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Add hot sauce. Stir into butter.
- Saute catfish nuggets gently in the Buffalo sauce until fully cooked.
This was pretty awesome, and everyone who ate enjoyed it. Pretty easy to do, aside from the natural difficulty of cooking the fish without overcooking it. I will definitely make this again