This is an adopted recipe. The description was written by the original chef. "Being from California, Fish tacos are a staple in our family and the kids ask for them all the time. Feel free to substitute any firm fish like Tilaplia, salmon, snapper etc. Adapted from original recipe from Bon Appétit."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers, with seeds
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix tomatoes, avocado, 2 tablespoons lime juice, onion, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons jalapeños in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place fish in single layer on small rimmed baking sheet. Mix garlic, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon jalapeños in another small bowl.
- 4Drizzle half of lime juice mixture over fish; reserve remainder.
- 5Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; let stand 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil, enclosing completely. Place in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- 7Preheat broiler. Broil fish just until opaque in center, about 6 minutes.
- 8Cut fish into 1-inch pieces. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup lettuce, then fish pieces. Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture. Spoon salsa over; sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catfish Tacos With Tomato and Avocado Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g