Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
This is an adopted recipe. The description was written by the original chef. "Being from California, Fish tacos are a staple in our family and the kids ask for them all the time. Feel free to substitute any firm fish like Tilaplia, salmon, snapper etc. Adapted from original recipe from Bon Appétit."
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peeled avocado
- 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons minced jalapeno peppers, with seeds
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 corn tortillas or 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups thinly sliced curly leaf lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix tomatoes, avocado, 2 tablespoons lime juice, onion, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons jalapeños in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish in single layer on small rimmed baking sheet. Mix garlic, 3 tablespoons lime juice, and 1 teaspoon jalapeños in another small bowl.
- Drizzle half of lime juice mixture over fish; reserve remainder.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil, enclosing completely. Place in oven until heated through, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil fish just until opaque in center, about 6 minutes.
- Cut fish into 1-inch pieces. Top each tortilla with 1/2 cup lettuce, then fish pieces. Drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture. Spoon salsa over; sprinkle with cheese.
These are great! A bit different from the traditional but we really enjoyed these! Thanks for sharing this keeper!