Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
We have a freezer full of catfish so I have been trying out different catfish recipes. My family and I liked this one.
Top Review by s_griffin30
It was excellent. We had thawed some catfish nuggets and was tired of deep fried. I saw this recipe and it "jumped out" at me as we both love stir fry. I was out of lemon juice so stubstitued with Zima (a hard lemon lime beverage). Hadn't been to the store yet so out of fresh veggies, used frozen California Blend instead. Also, added baby corn. To the rice I added Hoisin Sauce and Oyster Sauce. Put the recipe together as instructed. Even with the substitutions it was great! Can't wait until we have the fresh veggies and will try it again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (use low-sodium if salt-sensitive)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced broccoli floret
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced cauliflower floret
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut catfish fillets into 2 x 3/4 inch strips.
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- Add the fish strips to the bowl and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat wok or large skillet to medium-high; pour 2 tablespoons oil around the top, rotate pan to coat with oil.
- Add carrots to wok; stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Add the next 7 ingredients and stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to wok and let get hot.
- Drain fish and reserve marinade.
- Add fish to wok and stirfry for 2 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Transfer vegetables back to wok.
- Add cornstarch, water, salt, and pepper to reserved marinade; stir to combine; pour into wok.
- Stirfry on low heat for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.