Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted by request, from the Catfish Institute!
Make and share this Catfish Provencale recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- minced fresh parsley
- Dust catfish fillets with flour, shaking off excess.
- Set aside on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fillets, two at a time, in the hot oil for 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place the fillets on a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, mix tomatoes, olives, garlic, oregano, tarragon and thyme.
- Stir the wine and cornstarch in a small bowl until combined.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Hands down 5 stars!!!This dish is FABULOUS!! I added salt and pepper to sauce as it was cooking and also added some grated parmesan upon serving. HUGE HIT IN MY HOUSE!! Thank you so much for this recipe!!!
This is awesome!!!! Quick and easy too. I used mild rotel tomatoes instead of the regular tomatoes, so it had a little kick to it. Will double the sauce ingredients next time, because it's so yummy!