Recipe by Skeeter
From Quick Cooking July/August 2003 issue. Sounds really goood!
Top Review by Amber of AZ
I subscribe to Quick Cooking also. I made this dish and it is wonderful. The dry mix is also a wonderful coating for chicken fingers. I liked the snap to the catfish pieces and the cool of the coleslaw in the sandwich. I calculated this recipe to 6 points per sandwich.
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 lb catfish fillet, cut into 2 1/2 inch strips
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar until smooth.
- Add coleslaw mix; toss.
- Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, toss the catfish with milk.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine cornmeal, Cajun seasoning, salt and cayenne.
- Add catfish, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook catfish for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork and coating is golden brown.
- Spoon coleslaw onto rolls; top with catfish.