Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love po' boys--I eat one almost everyday, except I use the real po boy bread. If you don't live in Louisiana, you won't be able to find it, so just use any type of thick, crusty French bread you can find.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup cayenne pepper sauce
- 6 sandwich buns, split in half
- 3 cups deli Coleslaw or 3 cups of homemade Coleslaw
Spicy Tartar Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup of your favorite tartar sauce
- Cut fillets crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips. Combine cornmeal and 1/2 teaspoon salt on sheet of waxed paper. Beat egg with Frank's RedHot Sauce in medium bowl. Dip fish pieces in egg mixture; shake off excess. Thoroughly coat with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil in large deep skillet or electric fryer until hot (360°F). Cook fish, in batches, 5 minutes or until cooked through and golden on all sides, turning once. Drain on paper towels.
- Hollow out rolls if necessary. Spread bottom of each roll with about 2 tablespoons Spicy Tartar Sauce. Layer with 1/2 cup coleslaw and a few pieces of fish. Cover with top of roll.
- to make spicy tarter sauce combine hot sauce and tarter sauce together mix well.