Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; living in the South, catfish is always plentiful and fresh. My family really likes it prepared this way.
Top Review by ashlynt
A delicious way to cook catfish and made a wonderful family meal. I like recipes that aren't very complicated. This one fits that bill. The baked coating was crisp and had an excellent flavor. Appreciate this quick and easy recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 5 -6 catfish fillets (2 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cheese, flour, salt, pepper, and paprika in large bowl or plastic bag.
- In another bowl, combine egg and milk; stir well.
- Dip fillets in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Place fillets in a lightly greased oblong baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily.