Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a WONDERFUL way to make catfish filets. If you never had catfish, you have no idea what you are missing. Try it, you will like it!
- 4 (6 -6 1/2 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Place catfish into a shallow bowl or baking dish.
- In another smaller bowl mix all of the seasonings. Season the filets with half of the seasonings. Add the lemon juice. Turn the catfish filets several times to coat evenly. Allow to stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- Combine the cornmeal, flour and the remaining seasoning mixture in a bowl.
- Remove the catfish filets from the marinade and dredge in the cornmeal mixture, coating evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the catfish and fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the catfish from the skillet with a slotted spatula, drain on paper towels and serve.