1 hr 15 mins
Ransomed by Fire's Note:
My husband used to complain that tilapia, and sometimes catfish, had a dirt-like taste to him. So, I set out to find out how to take the dirt taste out of it. By using this method, you can easily remove the dirt taste by ridding the fish of the chemical that makes it taste that way.
My Private Note
fish fi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tilapia fillets (or two servings of catfish)
- 2 cups buttermilk (or 2 cups milk plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- 1Mix milk and lemon juice or put buttermilk in a dish large enough to marinate the fish .
- 2Place fish in buttermilk to soak for an hour.
- 3Once fish has marinated in the buttermilk for an hour, cook as usual or continue to step 4.
- 4Mix breading ingredients in a ziploc bag.
- 5Remove fish from marinade and coat in breading mixture.
- 6Deep fry in hot oil until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Farenheit.
- 7Drain on paper towels and serve.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catfish or Tilapia That Doesn't Taste Dirty or Like Dirt
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 9.8 mg
- Sodium 839.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 11.4 g