Prep 8 mins
Cook 8 mins
Lightly seasoned, dusted with flour and pan-fried.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 catfish fillets, farm-raised
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine egg and milk in a large shallow bowl.
- combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish in egg mixture, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil; increase heat to medium-high.
- Place fish in skillet, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in skillet.
- Stir in chopped parsley, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon over fish.
- Garnish, if desired.
used dill instead of parsley, in a smaller amount of course