Recipe by CookinCowgirl
This catfish entree is elegant and easy to prepare. I serve it with noodle casserole with four Italian cheeses, sauteed fresh vegetables, and a wedge of iceberg lettuce with homemade 1000 dressing.
Top Review by Denaundra B.
Great recipe, 4got butter and paprika, but the mayo, worcestershire, hot sauce (oh yeah and I used hot sauce instead) combo was excellent. I believe I overcooked the fish b/c it just completely broke apart, other than that love this recipe!!!!!
- 4 large catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 scallions, chopped, white parts and some green
- Hungarian paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking pan, place the catfish filets, pour the wine over them, then salt and pepper.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn on the broiler.
- Mix together the sauce ingredients, and top each filet with 1/4 of the mixture.
- Sprinkle on paprika.
- Broil until the topping is golden brown.