Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 hrs
A quick easy north country summer fish and veggies treat. Great way to get the taste of the season. Try different veggies for a flavor change. Don't tell anyone what and how cooked until after they've tasted. Mmmmm good!
- 2 lbs catfish fillets, skinned and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 fresh lemons, juiced
- 2 fresh limes, juiced
- 2 small cucumbers, deseeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and fine diced (optional)
- Combine fish with juices of lemons and limes. Dice part of the lemons and limes into the bowl. Be sure to use a non-reactive bowl. Refrigerate overnight, the juices will cook the fish.
- Add all other ingredients to bowl and let stand 2 hours.
- Chill before serving.